Instagram hashtags are considered a powerful weapon for both business owners and marketers alike. These are a combination of clickable numbers and letters (or sometimes emojis) followed by the # symbol. Take #NoFilter, #FoodPord as examples.
Hashtags are basically integrated into Instagram posts and stories. This helps categorize content, boost engagement, and allow the audience to discover them. When you search or click on a certain Instagram hashtag, you’ll see all the posts tagged with it.
Experts say that adding hashtags to your Instagram post can significantly increase your engagement by 12.6 percent. On the other hand, from a user perspective, they enable them to find relevant and valuable posts that they are interested in.
Read further to learn how, why Instagram hashtags search for businesses:
Step-by-step Guide to Search for Hashtags on Instagram
If you are looking for something on Instagram, you can’t just input anything on the search bar. Unlike Google, Instagram won’t provide answers for you.
In fact, you have to be as concise as possible when searching. Meaning, you shouldn’t write more than one or two words. Hence, you must know exactly what you’re looking for.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to search for hashtags using the search engine:
- Simply tap the magnifying glass icon on Instagram, then tap the search bar.
- Type in the exact hashtags you are looking for on Instagram. Make sure to include the # symbol before it.
- You’ll see a list of hashtag suggestions. Simply click the specific one you’re looking for.
If you aren’t sure what to type in particular, you can also search for hashtags related to what you are searching for. Here’s how you do it:
- On the Instagram search bar, type one to two keywords related to what you’re looking for. Don’t forget to include the # symbol before it.
- Tap the tags tab on the upper right and you will find popular or top hashtags related to the words you input.
- The Instagram interface will show a list of all the related hashtags. Just click the one you’re looking for.
For instance, if you want to look for hashtags related to “Japan,” simply type the word. And then, under the Tags tab, click on “#Japan” and you’ll see all its related hashtag suggestions.
You can also explore the frequency and popularity of a particular hashtag from within the same feature. This is a useful tip for exploring on Instagram because it doesn’t show all relevant searches with a quick Instagram search on certain occasions. Thus, searching for related hashtags will help you find the ones you need.
Why Businesses Search for Hashtags
The best way to be discovered by the audience is to utilize hashtags since Instagram has limited searching capabilities. But there are more reasons why entrepreneurs or businesses search for them. Here’s why:
- To learn the market and the audience that is interested in a specific hashtag. As a business owner, you want to understand the demographics of the audience. These people will be your potential viewers, and later on, potential clients. Specifically, you want to know their engagements in a specific topic and their necessary information. This includes age, gender, location, etc.
- Analyze the hashtag used by the competitors. Check their profile on Instagram and collect information about them. Create a dashboard upon learning your competitors and assess their involvement with their clients. Differentiate the frequency of engagement of your hashtags against your competitors.
- Formulate a hashtag strategy. Although there are applications that recommend popular hashtags to boost your marketing, it would also be appropriate to examine which ones are not yet saturated. This way, you can think of a better hashtag strategy.
- Boost social media marketing. As you keep track of your hashtag engagement and results, you can steadily build a community on Instagram. This way, the community adopts your brand and hashtag, which increases your market visibility.
Grow Your Audience and Engagement Through Hashtags
Instagram is the perfect social media for hotels, restaurants, and many other businesses as it’ll serve as an excellent tool to promote your products or services. The possibilities and opportunities of this application are multitudinous. For one, using social media for business helps you become more visible to your audience by being on top of the hashtags.
Optimize your post by integrating attention-grabbing content, visually-appealing images, and relevant hashtags.
You must also know what words impact your potential clients and how you can communicate with them in their language. When the audience resonates with the content, they will also adapt and share it.
Also, be distinct and noticeable by creating trending hashtags to enhance your social media presence. Allow your viewers to discover your business offer and how you can eventually help them.
Marketing has never been exciting like this, that you can even build a community to share your content. Furthermore, the ripple effect of sharing can boost your marketing and expand your audience.